Easy Chicken Marinade
This Easy Chicken Marinade Recipe has simple ingredients that blend together for the perfect flavor combination. This chicken can be fried a skillet, baked in the oven, or cooked on the grill! This is a great marinade for chicken breast, thighs, or drumsticks.
Note: This marinade can be made without bacon and the chicken can also be cooked on the grill if preferred. See notes for instructions on baking in the oven.
Pat the chicken dry and slice in half lengthwise to create 2 thinner pieces of equal size. If you prefer thinner chicken, place saran wrap over the top and pound it to about 3/4 -inch thick. It will plump up more when cooked.
Combine the marinade ingredients. Reserve 1/3 cup of the marinade and use the rest to cover the chicken. Marinate for 30 minutes or so. (Overnight works too.)
Meanwhile, cook the bacon slowly over low heat, flipping occasionally until crispy. Set aside and crumble once cool.
Reserve 2 TBS bacon drippings. (If you don’t have enough, use olive oil instead.)
Clean the pan or use a new one. A 13-inch pan is a great size for this recipe.
Heat the drippings over medium-high heat. Once it’s warm and glistening, and add the chicken. Leave a generous amount of marinade on each piece when it goes into the pan.
Sear on each side for 5-6 minutes, until a crisp golden sear is obtained. As the chicken cooks, add the reserved 1/3 cup marinade to the pan and spoon it over the chicken as it cooks. I like to lift the pan and rotate it to evenly distribute the liquid throughout.
Once the chicken is seared on each side and the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees, remove from heat and garnish with bacon. Spoon any remaining sauce on top prior to serving!
Serve this meal with: mashed potatoes, cheesy scalloped potatoes, roasted carrots/green beans, grilled potatoes, potato wedges, skillet potatoes, corn casserole, and more!
For extra indulgence: Top the cooked chicken with cheddar cheese and cover the skillet until melted. Top with bacon and serve!
• Reserve 1/3 cup marinade and use the rest for the chicken, marinade for 30 minutes or overnight.
• Preheat the oven to 425° F.
• Find an oven-safe dish that is just large enough to hold the chicken (this keeps it moist).
• Lightly grease the dish and add the 1/3 cup marinade, 2 Tablespoons of water, and the marinated chicken.
• Bake, uncovered, for 15-18 minutes, (15 for thinly pounded chicken, 18 for thicker.) If using whole chicken breasts, (not sliced in half), bake for 22-25 minutes.
• Ensure the internal temperature is 165° prior to serving.
• Bacon may be cooked/crumbled on the stovetop while the chicken bakes if desired.
- Cook over a preheated grill over medium-high heat.
- Leave the chicken undisturbed while it cooks. It takes 4-7 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the chicken.
Calories: 297kcal, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 16g, Fat: 25g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 58mg, Sodium: 400mg, Potassium: 292mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 34IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 12mg, Iron: 1mg