Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
This EASY Chicken and Stuffing Casserole has juicy chicken smothered in a creamy sauce that's topped with green beans and savory stuffing.
Preheat oven to 375.
Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, and sausage and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and place on the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milk, ½ tsp dried thyme, and ¼ tsp ground sage. Add it to the top of the chicken and spread evenly to coat.
Add the thawed green beans next. Note: The green beans will be al dente (have a slight crunch). For softer green beans, submerge them into the sauce a bit.
Combine the stuffing mix, chicken broth, sauteed onions, celery, and diced sausage. Add it to the top of the casserole dish.
Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for 5 more minutes.
Serve with my mashed potatoes and 10-minute chicken gravy!
I use Banquet Brown N' Serve Sausage links in this recipe. They are fully cooked and found in the freezer section near the breakfast items.
Make Ahead Method
- This recipe can be prepared up to 1 day ahead of time, simply assemble it, cover it, and refrigerate.
- When ready to bake, add an additional 10 minutes of covered baking time.
Crock Pot/ Instant Pot Method
Make it Without Canned Soup
- To make this even more indulgent, add a layer of shredded cheddar cheese on top of the green beans and underneath the stuffing.
- I use Stove Top stuffing for this recipe but any variety of dry breadcrumb stuffing will work.
- Other vegetable options include frozen carrots, peas, and corn.
Calories: 461kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 40g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 130mg, Sodium: 1262mg, Potassium: 893mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 737IU, Vitamin C: 13mg, Calcium: 113mg, Iron: 3mg