This creamy Broccoli Pasta has pasta shells in a buttery Garlic Parmesan Sauce with herbs and lots of broccoli! Add a hint of lemon at the end for the ultimate flavor that your family will love.
Chop the broccoli, grate the cheese, and measure out seasonings prior to beginning.
Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add the chicken broth, half and half, and seasonings.
Add the pasta and submerge the shells into the liquid. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and let it bubble gently, partially covered, for 5 minutes. Run a silicone spatula along the bottom of the pan occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking to it.
Add the broccoli and cook for 2-3 more minutes, or until the pasta has reached your desired level of doneness. (Refer to box for approximate cooking time).
Remove from heat. Add the lemon juice and use a silicone spatula to gently mix in the Parmesan cheese.
Sauce will continue to thicken upon standing. Garnish with parsley and serve with cheesy garlic bread.
- Chop the broccoli finely so that it cooks fast.
- Grate the cheese from a block so that it melts and tastes the best. Packaged grated or shredded Parmesan cheese contains cellulose to prevent it from clumping together, which also prevents it from melting as well.
- A combination of Parmesan and Romano cheese tastes great as well.
- Don't add the cheese to a super hot base as this will cause the dairy to separate and the consistency will be grainy instead of smooth.
- Similarly-sized pastas may be substituted, refer to package for approximate cooking time. Examples include Fusilli (spiral) and Farfalle (bowtie).
Want to make this a complete family meal? Serve these creamy shells with some homemade chicken nuggets and some cheesy garlic bread!
Calories: 518kcal, Carbohydrates: 53g, Protein: 19g, Fat: 26g, Saturated Fat: 16g, Cholesterol: 71mg, Sodium: 790mg, Potassium: 564mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 1189IU, Vitamin C: 72mg, Calcium: 361mg, Iron: 2mg