This Taco Lasagna is made with layers of noodles, ricotta cheese, seasoned taco meat, black beans, enchilada salsa sauce, and lots of cheese!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown the ground beef over medium heat. Add the diced onions halfway through and the garlic during the last minute. Drain grease.
Add 2/3 cups water to the meat and mx in the taco seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Cook until thickened. Mix in the black beans and set aside.
Combine the enchilada sauce and the salsa. Spoon a layer over the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish. Top with 4 uncooked lasagna noodles.
Combine the Ricotta cheese, oregano, and egg.
First Layer: 4 Noodles, 1/3 of the Ricotta, 1/3 of the Meat, 1/3 of the Sauce, 1 cup Cheese.
Second Layer: Repeat the first layer again.
Third Layer: 4 Noodles, remaining Ricotta, Meat, and Sauce. (NO cheese yet.)
Cover tightly with foil to seal in the steam so that it can cook the noodles.
Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil. Add remaining 2 cups of cheese. Bake for 15 more minutes.
Let rest for 15 minutes prior to serving. Feel free to garnish with parsley, sour cream, and/or green onions.
Make Ahead Method
**Add 10 minutes of covered baking time if baking from a refrigerated state.
- Prepare up to 2 days ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- You can also freeze it for up to 3 months prior to baking. Thaw in the fridge overnight prior to baking.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- 2 (15.5 oz.) jars of salsa can be used if you don’t have enchilada sauce. I would use a combination of thinner restaurant-style salsa and chunky salsa.
- Sour cream or cottage cheese can be used if you don’t have ricotta cheese.
- A combination of Cheddar Jack, Monterey Jack, Jalapeno Jack, etc. may also be used along with the cheddar.
Calories: 487kcal, Carbohydrates: 37g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 26g, Saturated Fat: 14g, Cholesterol: 98mg, Sodium: 1228mg, Potassium: 533mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 1213IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 399mg, Iron: 3mg