This Cowboy Caviar recipe is the ultimate summer side dish! It comes with an easy homemade dressing or use Greek or Italian for an even quicker shortcut.
Combine the dressing ingredients and set aside.
Dice up the dip ingredients and place in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Pour dressing on top and toss to coat evenly.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. This can be prepared a day in advance.
If prepared ahead of time: Toss with additional lime juice prior to serving. You may also choose to slice up the avocado until just before serving for ultimate freshness.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- I like to add saran wrap right over the surface to seal out as much air as possible.
- Lime juice helps avocados maintain their freshness and color, so I like to give them a light coating of it after I've sliced them up.
- This avocado slicer makes cutting up the avocado and removing the pit clean and easy.
- Tomatoes can also be added to the mix, Roma tomatoes are best as they don't have as much juice.
- A variety of beans can also be used, including chickpeas, black eyed peas, and pinto beans.
- If substituting Greek or Italian Salad Dressing, use just over 1/3 cup.
Calories: 225kcal, Carbohydrates: 34g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 298mg, Potassium: 612mg, Fiber: 10g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 764IU, Vitamin C: 33mg, Calcium: 25mg, Iron: 2mg