Paula Deen's Corn Casserole
Prep Time: 5 minutes mins
Cook Time: 55 minutes mins
Resting Time: 5 minutes mins
Total Time: 1 hour hr
This easy corn casserole recipe from Paula Deen requires a box of Jiffy mix and 5 other simple ingredients! Make it up to two days ahead of time before baking in the oven!
- 14.75 oz. creamed corn
- 15.25 oz. whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 8.5 oz. Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the cheddar cheese. Be sure to drain the whole kernel corn.
Pour into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish or 10-inch cast iron skillet.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
Top with shredded cheddar. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the top begins to brown.
Let stand for 5 minutes prior to serving.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the cheddar cheese. Be sure to drain the whole kernel corn first. Add it to a lightly greased Crock Pot.
Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4.
Add the shredded cheddar during the last 20 minutes of cooking.
Ensure the center is firm and set prior to serving.
Note: The Jiffy mix is not prepared and then added, just the contents of the box itself is added to the mixing bowl.
Method 1: Assemble and Refrigerate
Method 2: Bake and Reheat
- Combine all ingredients except for the cheese and place in casserole dish. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake. Let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to baking, then bake as outlined
- Bake covered at 350° for 50 minutes, let it cool, and refrigerate. Add the shredded cheese, cover it, and bake it at 300° for 10 minutes to warm it up. Bake again, uncovered at 350° for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Serve.
**An alternative method is to top the unbaked casserole with cheese right away, and bake it (covered), for 55-60 minutes. Paula's method is as described above, but I have done both ways with equal success.
Calories: 410kcal, Carbohydrates: 49g, Protein: 10g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Sodium: 772mg, Potassium: 291mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 11g, Vitamin A: 520IU, Vitamin C: 4.8mg, Calcium: 201mg, Iron: 1.6mg
Course: Side Dish