These No Bake Oreo Truffles are easy to make with as little as 3 ingredients, including cream cheese, Oreos, and chocolate. This dessert is perfect for Christmas, birthdays, gifts, and more!
- 1 package Oreos, any flavor. Double stuffed or regular both work
- 8 oz. cream cheese,, softened
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 6 oz. white melting chocolate for topping
Make the Balls:
Place the Oreos in a food processor and blend until fine crumbs are formed.
Add the cream cheese and blend to form a sticky dough.
Roll into 1-inch balls and set aside on a plate. Freeze for 30 minutes or more.
Dip in Chocolate
Place the semisweet melting chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl and melt according to package instructions.
Cover a baking sheet with wax paper. Remove Oreo balls from the freezer. Drop them into the chocolate, one at a time, and use a spoon to drizzle it with chocolate.
Lift the truffle out of the chocolate with a fork and slide the bottom of the fork along the top of the bowl to allow excess chocolate to drip off, then set it on top of the wax paper.
Once you've dipped them all, refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to set.
Decorate the Top:
Place the white chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl and melt according to package instructions.
Dip a fork into the melted chocolate and drizzle it over the Oreo balls.
Place back in the refrigerator until set, about 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Don't allow any moisture to come in contact with the melted chocolate, this will cause it to seize when it's melted. This includes using wet utensils to stir, etc.
- Don't melt the chocolate too quickly, low and slow is best. Follow package instructions.
- Use melting chocolate or Baker's bars as opposed to chocolate chips to ensure a smoother consistency.
- To color the chocolate: Add 4 drops of oil-based food coloring to melted white chocolate and stir until uniform in color. (Oil based food coloring is needed to ensure that the chocolate doesn't seize.)
- You can also decorate the tops with sprinkles or crushed cookies right after they've been dipped.
Tools For This Recipe
(Amazon affiliate links)- Check out all of my kitchen essentials here.
- These can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
Calories: 224kcal, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 13mg, Sodium: 121mg, Potassium: 127mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 17g, Vitamin A: 130IU, Vitamin C: 0.1mg, Calcium: 44mg, Iron: 2mg