Tuscan Chicken Pasta
Servings: 6 people
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
This Tuscan Chicken Pasta recipe is an easy one pot recipe that you can make using any kind of pasta! You'll love the creamy sauce, seasoned chicken, sundried tomatoes, and spinach.
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, equal to 1 lb.
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine, see notes
- 1 tablespoon tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 ¼ cups half and half, (half cream/half milk)
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- ½ lb. pasta, any kind. I used pappardelle
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Romano cheese, grated
- 2 cups spinach
Season and sear the chicken:
Slice the chicken into 3 thinner slices and pat completely dry. Season each side with Italian seasoning and salt/pepper.
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear on each side for 4-5 minutes, until a golden brown crust has developed. Set aside once cooked through. Remove any leftover oil but keep the brown remnants in the pot. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, then cut into bite-sized pieces. Add any juice from the chicken plate to the pot.
Prepare the sauce and cook the pasta in it:
Melt butter over medium heat. Add the garlic, wine, tomato paste, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Use a silicone spatula to “clean” the bottom and sides of the pan to incorporate more flavor into the sauce. Cook until thickened and reduced by half, 3-4 minutes.
Add the chicken broth. Slowly stir in the half and half. Add the sundried tomatoes and bring to a gentle boil. Add the pasta and submerge it into the liquid. Let it come to a boil again and cook according to package instructions. Stir a few times throughout cooking to ensure pasta doesn't stick to the bottom. Taste test a noodle for doneness before proceeding.
Reduce heat to low. Slowly sprinkle in the cheese and stir to incorporate until smooth.
- Pinot Grigio and Chardonnay are good wine choices for this recipe. Chicken broth may be used if you don’t cook with wine.
- Grate the cheese from a block if possible as it will melt much better than packaged grated cheese.
- All Parmesan cheese may be used if needed.
- Make sure the base isn't too hot when you add the cheese, otherwise the dairy can separate and create a grainy consistency.
- Any kind of pasta can be used in this recipe. I used pappardelle. Other options include penne, fettuccine, linguine, or even shell pasta.
- You can boil the pasta separately instead of in the sauce: You will need to use 3/4 cup chicken broth instead of 2 cups.
- This recipe is in The Cozy Cookbook on page 164!
Calories: 377kcal, Carbohydrates: 36g, Protein: 17g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 77mg, Sodium: 583mg, Potassium: 624mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 1409IU, Vitamin C: 12mg, Calcium: 258mg, Iron: 3mg
Course: Main Course