Stuffed Avocado Tacos
Today… was the best day. Not really because of what I did, but more because of what I didn’t do. In fact, I did absolutely nothing. No-thing.
…Zilch. (Nothing?) Nada. (Small potatoes?) No potatoes. (Diddly-squat?) A big old goose egg.
Yup, I just quoted an AT&T commercial. Sorry. I lounged on the couch all day, and did nothing but watch reruns of the King of Queens all day. (Ahem, we have 122 episodes on the DVR.) –anyone else love that show?! I admit, I need to get into a new series. But something about that
stupid awesome show relaxes me.
I can’t remember the last Sunday, or day period, where I did nothing. I’m sure many of you are in the same boat. But I’m SO happy I did it. Contributing nothing to society once in a while is OKAY- I think we all should know that. It’s rejuvenating. It can be hard to justify or find the time to do it, but we all deserve relaxation time in large increments now and then.
So around 5pm, I was done doing nothing, because a girl’s gotta eat. Hunger was calling. And if anything was going to get my butt off the couch, it was food. So I whipped up these Avocado Tacos and my husband and I devouredddd them. Nothing goes better with Mexican food than an avocado, right?!
This is my new favorite easy weekday meal. And it’s perfect for gluten free diets too- (hear that mom & Sis?!)
So, when was the last time you did *nothing*, and how awesome was it?!
Stuffed Avocado Tacos
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 1.25 oz. packet taco seasoning
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- ¾ cup sour cream for topping (optional)
- Cilantro for a garnish or topping, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Drain excess grease.
- Add ¾ cup water and stir in taco seasoning and diced onions. Cook until the onions are softened, then turn the heat off.
- Slice the Avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pits and carefully scoop out some of the middle to make room for the taco filling. Dice the avocado that you scooped out and toss in with the meat mixture along with the diced tomatoes.
- Scoop the meat mixture into the Avocado slices and top with cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and hot.
- Serve with diced cilantro and sour cream if desired and enjoy- MM-MM-MMM!!
Tip: Slice a little bit of the bottom of the avocado to help them sit flat without tipping!