Spooky Spider Halloween Sangria
This post has been sponsored by The Coca-Cola® Company and SheSpeaks. Msg for 21+
This beautiful red sangria recipe is so easy to make with your favorite red wine, fresh fruit, and a refreshing mix of Coca-Cola®!
I don’t know how October is here already, but there’s a chill in the air and it’s time to start loading up on Halloween goodies! (Like everything you need to make these fun mixed beverages!)
There are lots of different fruit, wine, and mixer choices when it comes to Sangria. I’ve discovered that I can’t go wrong by picking up Coca-Cola® Mini Cans from Sam’s Club, because one can is the perfect amount of mixer to add for a single drink! Just chill them on ice and pour them right before serving.
I personally love using the scan-and-go option when we go to Sam’s Club because you can scan items as you shop and pay for them from your phone, on the app, at the end. (How easy is that?!)
OR, you can use their Club Pickup service. Just place your order online and Sam’s Club will have everything ready for you when you get there!
How to Make Sangria
- The secret to a good sangria is to allow plenty of time for the wine and fruit to chill together in the fridge to let the flavors blend.
- Afterwards, add in juice, soda, or sparkling cider. (Coca-Cola® or Sprite® are excellent choices.)
- You may also add ice if preferred.
Fruit for Sangria
- Any combination of Apples, Grapes, Strawberries, Cranberries, Oranges, Lemons, Plums, and Peaches are all great for sangria.
How to Rim a Glass with Sugar
- Add water, lemon/lime juice, or corn syrup to a shallow bowl or plate.
- Evenly dip the rim into it.
- Add decorative sugar to another shallow bowl or plate and dip the rim into it until coated.
- You’re done!
How Long to Chill Sangria
- Sangria should be chilled for 12-24 hours prior to serving and should be consumed within 3 days.
- Refrain from adding any carbonated mixes in until just before serving.
[Recipe for 21+]
Spooky Halloween Sangria
- 1 7.5 ounce can Coca-Cola Mini Can
- 1 cup Red Wine
- ½ cup mixed fruit I used red grapes and strawberries
- Light Corn Syrup for rims of glasses
- Red sugar crystals for rims of glasses
- Fresh mint leaves to garnish
- Combine red wine and fruit and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 24 hours ahead of time.
- Pour corn syrup (or water as a backuonto one plate and the red sugar crystals onto another.
- Dip a glass into the corn syrup, and then into the sugar crystals.
- Pour then red wine/fruit mixture into the serving glass, then add the can of Coke. Add ice if desired.
- Garnish with a fresh mint leaf and serve!