Queso Blanco Dip
Whenever I go anywhere, or host anyone, I feel the need to be completely armed with food. It’s almost like I’m afraid this is the last chance that me, or anyone else, will EVER have to eat. This Queso Blanco dip is one of my favorite things to make because everyone has such a love for cheese dips. You can very rarely go wrong with this. It pairs perfectly of course with my homemade guacamole, (best recipe ever), and my homemade salsa. All of a sudden you might find yourself with a little Mexican theme… (which is awesome.)
Dip is a funny thing. You can use it as more than just a snack item. For example- say you have like, someone really obnoxious coming over. (Just seemed like a funny example to use). You probably want them as far away from you as possible right? You can use this dip and totally control where they are. First- take some of that dip, and make a personal stash of it. Then move the rest away- far, far, away. To where you’d like Mr/Mrs obnoxious to be. This dip is so good that trust me, they’ll go there. And as long as you remember to save some for yourself, you’ll be one happy camper.
This message in how to avoid obnoxious people in your household brought to you by TheCozyCook.com.
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 12 ounces white American cheese, shredded or sliced thinly
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- ¼ to ¾ cup milk (depending on desired consistency)
- 1 tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and jalapeño to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and tender, about 10 minutes. Add both of the shredded cheeses and ¼ cup of the milk and increase heat slightly.Whisk or stir until completely melted. Mix in the tomato and cilantro, and add additional milk gradually as necessary to achieve desired consistency (I added about ¾ cup total). Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately.
Source: Mel’s Kitchen Café
*This post may contain affiliate links