Things I love: Easy, budget-friendly, one-pot recipes that my husband loves to eat.
Things I don’t love: Sneezing, Mayonnaise, loud chewers, hitting my head on stuff.
So let’s focus on the positive. This meal. I LOVE IT. It’s saved me so many stinkin’ times when I’ve had no idea what to make for dinner. I always have pasta and frozen chicken on hand… and if you ever catch me without a full supply of cheese- take me to the doctor. And thanks to this miracle meal, I always stock up on cans of MANWICH sauce: which I used to think was only good for making…err.. Manwiches. Wrong! There’s actually a ton of stuff you can make with it, my favorite being this meal, which I so appropriately deemed to be my “One Pot Manly Cheesy Chicken Penne” 😉 All you need is a deep saute pan and you’re set baby.
You should try these too!
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta
- One Pot Pizza Pasta
- One Pot Chicken Marsala Pasta
- Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole
One Pot Manly Cheesy Chicken Penne
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 3 Tablespoons onion, finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 15 oz. can Manwich Bold,, + 1 can water (fill the Manwich can with the water)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound penne
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese*
- Heat butter over medium heat in a deep sauté pan. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle with desired amounts of salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is white and cooked through.
- Add chicken broth, Manwich Bold Sloppy Joe Sauce, water, and pasta to the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted throughout, reserving a handful of shredded cheese to sprinkle on the top. Cover for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt. Serve away!