One Pot Chicken Marsala Pasta
This one pot chicken Marsala pasta is loaded with juicy chicken, Mushrooms, and Prosciutto tossed in a creamy Marsala wine sauce with your favorite pasta, made all in one pot!
I’ve been wanting Chicken Marsala for a MONTH now. And pasta in general. I’ve been missing out on pasta lately because it’s been hot as heck every day. This morning, I finally woke up to a cool, rainy day- the perfect cooking weather, AND on a day when I didn’t have to work. The stars aligned my friends.
I forget the awesomeness of one-pot recipes… until it’s clean-up time. My sink should be FULL of dirty dishes right now and it’s not. It’s just not 😉
Another random factoid that made me happy… I needed almost the entire bottle of Marsala for this. I hate buying a specific ingredient, only to use a fraction of it in a recipe and then never need it again. Like, Xanthan gum. Bought a whole bag of that stuff one day and only used it once.
(If you do happen to find yourself with some extra Marsala wine on hand, this Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Marsala is stupendous and the recipe comes straight from Olive Garden themselves!)
Here’s hoping for more rainy days to stay in and cook! (Is that weird of me? That might be weird of me.)
What is Chicken Marsala?
Marsala is a dark and sweet dessert wine that is pretty close to sherry. So of course, cooking chicken in a Marsala wine sauce gives us, (you guessed it), chicken Marsala.
Marsala Wine Substitutes?
- For a non-alcoholic Substitute: 1/4 cup of white grape juice + 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract + 2 Tablespoons Sherry vinegar.*
- Madeira Wine
- Dry Sherry (not cooking sherry.) or, 1/2 Dry Sherry 1/2 Sweet Vermouth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine + 1 teaspoon Brandy *
*The portions of the above substitutions would need to multiplied to equal the 2 +1/2 cups of Marsala wine that is used in this recipe.
Now. If you like this recipe, you should probably join my free recipe email list! You’ll get a weekly email with my brand new recipes. And follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. (Don’t make this be our last goodbye!)
Check out my other recipes!
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 pound button mushrooms
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 slices prosciutto sliced or torn into thin strips
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2½ cups Marsala wine
- 12 oz pasta of your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Parsley to garnish
- Sprinkle the chicken cubes with salt and pepper, then toss in flour to coat and set aside.
- In a deep sauté pan, heat the oil, then melt the butter.
- Add in the garlic, prosciutto, mushrooms, and chicken. Stir often and cook until chicken is browned on each side, about 8 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth and wine. Mix well and add in the pasta. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a low boil and then reduce to a simmer. Stir occasionally, and cook until the pasta is 2 minutes before the al dente point, (check the package instructions).
- Temper the heavy cream by heating it for 45 seconds in the microwave. When the pasta is cooked and the sauce has reduced, mix in the heavy cream. Bring it to a light bubble, whisk in the Parmesan cheese, and then remove from heat. Garnish with parsley and serve.