Olive Garden Salad Dressing
This homemade copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing tastes just like the restaurant version. Learn how to make this salad at home for your family and friends!
I definitely like Olive Garden’s salad more than anyone else on the planet. I really do. I know that you can buy their salad dressing at the store now, but not all stores carry it- and it’s easy/inexpensive to make your own!
Ingredients for Olive Garden Salad Dressing
- Italian Dressing Mix- Found in packets in the salad dressing aisle.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- High quality is a must for the best taste and consistency in this recipe.
- White Vinegar
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Mayo- Not Miracle Whip
What’s in Their Salad?
- Fresh Iceberg Lettuce
- Vine Ripened Tomatoes
- Large Black olives
- Red onions
- Pepperoncinis– Jarred and are found in the same section as the pickles/olives
- Croutons-You can actually purchase Olive Garden’s Croutons, OR make my homemade crouton recipe!)
- Parmesan cheese
Best Olive Oil for Salad Dressing
-High-quality olive oil isn’t something you want to skimp out on. That goes for cooking in general, but especially when making homemade salad dressings. Poor quality olive oil can cause salad dressings to solidify when refrigerated. It’s just not worth compromising flavor and texture.
–Lucini olive oil is a high-quality brand that I like to use.
–Epicurious has good information on how to tell the difference between real and fake olive oil.
Storing Leftover Salad
- Prepared salad should be refrigerated as soon as possible in an airtight container, free from as much moisture as possible.
- Salad can’t be frozen, lettuce that has been frozen or even chilled at too low of a temperature ruins it’s consistency and freshness. Once that’s happened, it can’t be recovered.
- Refrigerated salad lasts anywhere from 1-3 days, it’s only as good until the least-fresh ingredient in the salad begins to go bad.
Try These Next!
More Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
- Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala
- Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you. 😊
Copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing
- .7 oz. Italian Dressing Mix
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil,, high-quality olive oil yields much better results in this recipe
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ Tablespoon mayo,, not miracle whip
- Mix everything thoroughly together and refrigerate. That's it!
- Mixture will settle upon sitting, simply shake before each use.
- This will keep for 4 weeks in the refrigerator.
- 2 Tablespoons = 1 serving