M&M’s® Caramel Apples
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareFunshine #CollectiveBias
I don’t know about you, but summer is practically hours away at this point, and I couldn’t be more excitedddddd! I’m a New Hampshirite after all and winter was LONG. Just ask this guy….
For us, summer is all about having spontaneous, spur of the moment… FUN. A lot of the fun we have tends to be unplanned- do you agree? Sometimes those times are just the best! Planning can be overrated I tell ya. So I think it’s part of my spontaneous nature to enter contests & Sweepstakes –I mean you just never know, right? You can enter every day to win a $100 e-gift card to Walmart-give it a shot! How awesome would an extra $100 to Wally World be? Share a Little Funshine Sweepstakes
I made sure to enter, because I stock up on goodies at Walmart all summer long for those times when friends stop by and we need something fun to spice things up. (Enter these M&M’s® Caramel Apples!)
These will get anyone extra excited! Basically, I like to lay out an entire candy bar when we have friends over. Because… what’s more fun than an enter bar full of candy? We go all out on big bowls of M&M’s® (peanut and plain, of course), Life Savers®, Starburst®, and Skittles®! I eat up the M&M’s® while my husband goes for the sweet stuff.
Which do you prefer?! Chocolate or Candy?
Oh… and if you’re wondering how I calm this little guy down after his outside escapades, Pedigree Dentastix® does it every time 😉 I mean, the little guy deserves a treat too- he doesn’t even know that they’re good for his teeth!
How do you like to enjoy summer?! And really… when was the last time you did something completely spontaneous? I want to hear your fun summer stories!
- 8 whole Apples
- 4 (11 oz.) packages Caramel Melts
- 2 heaping Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Dash Of Salt
- M&M's® Plain (42 oz.) bag
- 8 Chopsticks
- Melt the caramel and cream using a double boiler, or a pot set over another pot of simmering water. Stir in the vanilla until combined.
- Stick a chopstick into the bottom of each apple and dip them into the caramel one at a time, coating until you’ve reached the base of the chopstick. Allow excess caramel to drop off and then carefully roll the apple into the M&M's®. Do this quickly, as the caramel hardens fast.
- Repeat with each apple, refrigerating each one as soon as they’re covered. Once they’ve cooled, wrap them with cellophane or plastic wrap.
Oh!!! And download the Blippar app from your Apple or Android store to scan your package and receive exclusive content!
Recipe Source: The Pioneer Woman
*This post may contain affiliate links