Loaded Sausage Bombs w/ Jalapeno & Cheddar (20 minutes!)
Juicy smoked sausage that’s grilled to perfection and topped with grilled onions, jalapenos, and nacho cheese! These loaded sausage bombs take just 20 minutes from start to finish!
Thank you to Eckrich Smoked Sausage for sponsoring this post! All opinions are my own.
I can’t believe I didn’t know how to use the grill until this summer. And by “know how”, I mean, turn it on. (That’s more than half the battle right there.) How did I ever survive?! Who wants to cook in a hot kitchen all summer?
Other than the grill itself, Eckrich Jalapeno & Cheddar Smoked Sausage has also saved my life this summer. This time of year is way too busy, and with Eckrich I can get dinner done with these sausage bombs in 20 minutes flat, tops. Plus, my toddler can keep splashing away in her kiddie pool while I do it. She doesn’t appreciate being dragged inside so that I can make lunch.
Tip: Almost anything can be grill friendly!
I am discovering that pretty much anything I conjure up in the kitchen can somehow be made on the grill. Especially these sausage bombs. I prepare the toppings in personalized foil packets so that everyone in the family gets exactly what they want. (Heaven forbid everyone agrees on the same toppings.)
My toppings of choice happen to be a simple combination of onions, jalapenos, and nacho cheese. I like using the cheddar jalapeno variety of Eckrich Smoked Sausage for these, but they also have cheddar, bacon & cheddar, and more. You can find a wide variety of flavors and forms of Eckrich Smoked Sausage in the Deli section of your local grocery store!
Eating on the go:
I often wrap these Eckrich Smoked Sausage Bombs in foil to keep them warm and make it easy to bring them in the car to whatever destination we need to get to. When you’re ready to eat you just peel the foil back and enjoy. I also deliver them to my husband this way when he’s busy working in the yard. It’s my way of saying two things. “Here’s lunch so that you don’t starve”, and “You are full of dirt and I don’t really want you to bring it all inside.” 😊
The topping/sauce options for these Sausage Bombs are totally endless, here are some ideas to make you hungry. Pick any that sound good to you and combine them! What combination would you create? Let me know in the comments!
-Bacon, cheese, avocado, corn, bell peppers, pineapples, caramelized onions, black olives, mushrooms.
-Horseradish, BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, buffalo sauce, thousand island dressing, pesto, garlic.
Juicy smoked sausage that’s grilled to perfection and topped with grilled onions, jalapenos, and nacho cheese!
- 4 Eckrich Jalapeno & Cheddar Smoked Sausage any variety will work
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 jalapenos diced
- ¾ cup yellow onion sliced into strings
- ½ cup nacho cheese
- 4 hot dog buns
- Preheat the grill to medium high for 5 minutes.
- Create a tray for the toppings by placing two pieces of foil on top of each other, each about a foot long. Fold the sides up to create four small walls on the outside. Add the butter, jalapenos, and onions.
- Place the nacho cheese in a grill-safe bowl and cover the top with foil.
- Add foil packet to the grill and cook it for 5 minutes to give it a head start. Use a fork to toss it around and coat it in the butter that should now be melted.
- Add the nacho cheese to the top rack of the grill.
- Place the Eckrich Smoked Sausage links on the grill, cook for 2-3 minutes with the lid closed.
- Open the lid and flip the sausage around to cook on the other side for another 2 minutes with the lid closed.
- Once you’ve achieved the grill marks you like around the sausage, use tongs to remove them from the grill and place them in the hot dog buns.
- Turn the grill off. Use a fork to top the sausage bombs with the jalapeno mixture.
- Use a spoon to drizzle on the warmed nacho sauce and serve!
This has been a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Eckrich Smoked Sausage.
For more info about Eckrich Smoked Sausage, as well as quick and easy recipes please visit www.eckrich.com.