Easy Baked Lasagna Rolls
Ummmm……. I made these two nights in a row. Yeah. It’s a happy discovery in that they’re so easy and REALLY good, but it’s also a sad one… because very soon, my pants are not going to fit. I’ve been craving lasagna for like, YEARS. Which is part of the problem. I had it recently at a friend’s house and fell over because it was so good. I’ve steered clear of making it at home because it’s just me and Mark, and we can’t eat a whole lasagna! (Okay fine, I COULD.)-but it wouldn’t be ideal. So this is my perfect solution. The ingredients list is COMPLETELY flexible, I would have used ricotta cheese but I didn’t have any. I did have feta though, and the feta, meat, and marinara combo is MY FAV. (It’s great in stuffed shells too)In the end, you’re left with perfectly portioned lasagna rolls that are just as delicious as if you made a whole lasagna…but easier. Don’t you love easy weekday meal discoveries?!
- 6 lasagna noodles (optional: add 1-2 more in case one breaks)
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions and set on wax paper to cool once finished.
- As pasta boils, add the ground beef and garlic to a saucepan over medium heat and cook until browned. Drain excess grease if necessary. Add the marinara sauce, feta cheese, and bay leaf. Let the flavors combine, cooking for about 15 minutes or so.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of grated mozzarella cheese on each lasagna noodle (I used a shaved cheese mixture, you can get creative with your cheeses!)
- Scoop about 3 tablespoons of the marinara filling on each noodle and spread around.
- Roll each lasagna noodle (see how easy it is!?) Spoon remaining sauce on the top of each and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for about 10-15 minutes, until the cheese on top is hot and melted.
- Serve with some rolls or garlic bread and maybe a little salad and ENJOY! You’ll soon be addicted 😉
*This post may contain affiliate links