Corn Dog Chili Bake
Can I just say, I love recipes that I don’t have to babysit. When I have crazy kids running around the house (my husband being one of them), I can’t count on hanging around the stove.
It seems that whatever is on that stove ends up burning somehow. Especially grilled cheese. So although it takes 55 minutes to cook, it doesn’t really require me to do anything. Everything is done in the oven and I can throw the pan out afterwards.
I’m just going to repeat that. I throw the pan out afterwards. Disposable casserole pans. Look into it.
Can You Brown Beef in the Oven?
-Browning beef in the oven can be a huge time saver!
- Evenly distribute the beef onto the bottom of a casserole dish, and cover it loosely to allow steam to escape but also prevent it from getting dry.
- Cook it at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- When it’s done, drain any excess grease and crumble to desired size.
As far as this chili recipe is concerned, it’s super easy to customize. You can use any kind of cheese that you want, and sometimes I throw pinto beans in there in addition to the kidney beans. My mom used to put rice in her chili!
Try These Next!
- Loaded Cowboy Queso Dip
- Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Ground Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- Mashed Potato Casserole with Crispy Chicken
- Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you guys. 😊
This Corn Dog Chili Bake is prepared in the oven from start to finish. It begins with savory chili and ends with perfectly golden corn dogs layed right on top! A perfectly easy family meal.
- 4 State Fair Corn Dogs
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Salt/pepper to taste
- ½ cup yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 15 oz. red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes drained
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 oz. salsa
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 jalapeno pepper sliced and seeded
- 1/3 cup red pepper diced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add the ground beef to a large casserole dish or a disposable foil casserole pan. Crumble it up a bit and season with salt and pepper. Cover it loosely with foil so that steam can escape but also to prevent it from getting dry.
- Cook the ground beef for 15 minutes in the oven, then add the onions and garlic and cook for 15 more minutes. Drain the excess grease and crumble up the ground beef to desired size.
- Decrease the heat to 375 degrees. Add the chili seasonings to the ground beef and stir until evenly distributed. Add all remaining chili ingredients (except the toppings), and stir until well-combined.
- Place 4 State Fair Corn Dogs on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place the chili in the oven, covered, along with the corn dogs. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chili and corn dogs from the oven. Use an oven mitt to place the corn dogs over the chili. Add the chili toppings and heat, uncovered, for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and serve!