Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
This thick & creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe is so easy to make at home and is filled with savory chicken, gnocchi, spinach, and a hint of garlic. A perfect replica of the Olive Garden version!
Before we start, you might be wondering…
What is Gnocchi
- Gnocchi are small dumplings that are typically made from potato and served with sauce.
- They are typically served as a main course similarly to how pasta would be served.
Where do I find Gnocchi?
- Gnocchi can be found in the dried pasta aisle at the grocery store.
- You can also make your own Gnocchi in about 1 hour, with an extra 10 minutes added for cooking time. A homemade version would definitely make this soup that much better.
- This soup should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can Chicken Gnocchi Soup be Frozen?
- Cream-based soups tend to separated after being frozen and reheated, but you can certainly freeze this, I personally don’t mind a slight change in consistency.
- It’s best to use it within 3 months of freezing.
Can Milk be used instead of Half and Half?
- Milk can be used as a substitute for half and half in this recipe, however it won’t be as thick or as creamy.
⭐PRO Tip:⭐ If it doesn’t seem as though your soup is thick at first, it will definitely thicken more as it continues to simmer. You may even find yourself adding a tad more chicken broth to obtain a thinner consistency.
Try these next!
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you guys. 😊
….Looking for Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup? Try this one from Simply Happy Foodie!
This thick & creamy soup copycat Olive Garden chicken gnocchi soup is filled with savory chicken, gnocchi, spinach, and a hint of garlic. An Olive Garden classic made right in your own kitchen!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup onion diced
- ½ cup celery diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 14 oz. chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 Cup fresh spinach chopped
- 1 + ½ cups diced cooked chicken breast (Rotisserie works well)
- 16 oz. potato gnocchi (in the pasta isle)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter and the olive oil. Add the diced onion, celery, and minced garlic and heat until tender. Mix in the flour to create a roux and cook for another minute.
- Add the chicken broth. Gradually stir in the half and half and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the thyme, carrots, spinach, chicken, and gnocchi, and simmer for another 5 minutes or under the gnocchi is cooked and the soup has thickened. Add salt and pepper if desired and serve!
⭐PRO Tip:⭐ If it doesn't seem as though your soup is thick at first, it will definitely thicken more as it continues to simmer. You may even find yourself adding a tad more chicken broth to obtain a thinner consistency.
Recipe Adapted from: The Recipe Critic