Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
I really should have put these on the blog by now, since they’re my husband’s all-time favorite dessert- and an American classic : ) Until recently however, I never had a recipe I was completely happy with. One day a coworker brought these in for us and after trying it, I told her that I HAD to have the recipe. Turns out that it’s from Crisco! When I first tasted the cookie I said, “It tastes SO good, is there like a secret ingredient in these?” she laughed and said, “Yup, that’d be the Crisco!”… (Hey, I never said these were a great diet snack)- but they ARE a great dessert and if you’re looking to bake some seriously delicious cookies, then look no further. You can throw some pecans in the mix if you want some added texture and flavor, cookie add-ons are fun to experiment with: ) Maybe even sneak some peanut butter chips in there…mmmm : )
If you’re looking to make some cookies that are a little different than your classic chocolate chip, you should definitely try my Snickers Cookies– I love alternating cookie flavors and these are my two top favs! 😉
- ¾ stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening OR ¾ cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 ¼ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¾ cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
- TIP If nuts are omitted, add an additional ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
*This post may contain affiliate links