Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read more »
Ahhh yes. Chicken Parmesan Meatballs. We’re talking bite-sized taste of chicken parmesan… a genius invention if you ask me. If you plop these meatballs over some pasta, you literally have chicken parmesan in a different form- it’s awesome. And you can do the same thing with subs too, I love it. You can also poke theses with some toothpicks and enjoy them as a finger food at your next partaaaay.
I thoroughly enjoy meatballs. All kinds of them. They make such a good snack too! I freeze mine if we can’t eat them all and during the week, and when I’m ready to serve them, I let them thaw out in some marinara sauce on the stove and serve it over pasta, it’s so easy.
These are healthier than your traditional meatball too…
…because we’re using leaner, meaner, chicken. But you can reap all of the same protein benefits, meaning these will keep you satisfied for a while!
It’s so easy to grind up the chicken for these meatballs in a food processor. Years went by before I had a food processor in my kitchen and I have no idea how I survived. It comes into play in so many recipes, (including chicken meatball recipes, and there are tons of those out there!) The one I have is small so it doesn’t take up much space, if ever necessary you can process food in batches.
What is your favorite kind of meatball?
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- ¾ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- ½ Tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Begin by mincing the chicken. To do this, cut the chicken into cubes and place in a food processor, (a few batches at a time). Pulse in quick increments until the chicken is minced.
- Set the ½ cup marinara and graded mozzarella cheese aside, and combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until combined, but over-mixing will result in tougher meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wet your hands slightly, it makes it easier to handle the meatballs and roll them smoothly. Use a tablespoon to scoop out the meat and roll them into a circle. Place them on a greased baking pan. I wet my hands very slightly in between each meatball.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until they are very lightly browned. Remove them from the oven and increase the oven temperature to a broil.
- Place the meatballs close together. Drizzle with marinara sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Enjoy!
Recipe Adapted From: parade.condenast.com