Cheesy Chicken Jalapeno Popper Taquitos (& Gift Certificate Giveaway!)
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read more »
So I’ve officially decided that my Mexican “craving” is not a craving. It’s a constant need. A craving… you can get rid of, right? It’s like, a temporary thing? Well my Mexican needs are not that. Because I’ll eat Mexican, only to want more of it the next day.
Weird, because when I was little, such was not the case. Give me a hamburger happy meal with a sprite and I’m the happiest camper EVER. (Actually that could still hold true now, just make that hamburger a cheeseburger)
I have to thank my friend Amanda for bringing me and these Taquitos together. She’s The Chunky Chef and let me tell you… between the Chunky Chef and The Cozy Cook, we could rule the world (of delicious comfort food, anyway). I’m pretty sure we just take turns making each other drool every other day.
So anyway, how about a giveway?!
My friends from CatchingFireflies.com are offering a $43 gift certificate to their site to a lucky Cozy Cooker! Their site has tons of unique kitchen gadgets, Inspriational Home Décor, Creative gifts, and more! Once you head over there you’ll really want to start shopping. Just leave a comment and share what you’d want to buy with that gift certificate and you’re entered! The winner will be chosen on Tuesday March 20th using random.org to select the comment number!
And- Get 20% your entire purchase at CatchingFireflies.com when you enter promo code COZY at checkout! This offer is good through 4/13/15 🙂
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (if they’re frozen, it’s okay!)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sliced jalapenos, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 16 soft taco-sized flour tortillas
- 1½ cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese (or Mexican, Cheddar, etc.)
- Add the chicken, ½ cup water, cream cheese, jalapenos, garlic powder, salt, and cumin to the crock pot. Cover-cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from the crock pot, place on a large plate and shred it using two forks. Mix back into the crock pot, covering with the sauce.
- Scoop a heaping ¼ cup into the middle of the tortillas and sprinkle the top with cheese. Roll them up and place on a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Bake for about 8-12 minutes, until the top begins to brown slightly. Serve with Ranch dressing, (maybe some salsa?) and enjoy!
Recipe Source: TheChunkyChef.com