I’ve made these banana pancakes many times now, they’re GREAT to have on the weekends. The banana adds a deliciously sweet flavor to it, much better than regular pancakes. You can also serve with other fruits, and can substitute the syrup for whip cream- YUM! Definitely a special way to start the day, and kids will LOVE it.
Some of the health benefits of bananas:
Bananas:They aid in digestion, act as a prebiotic, high in fiber, sooth the digestive tract, a natural antacid, make you more alert, high in B-vitamins, aid in weight loss, strengthen your blood and nervous system, high in potassium/low in salt, help lower blood pressure, & more.
This is the Griddle I use to make them (of course not necessary, but fun!)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 ripe bananas- 2 for mashing, one for slicing
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate (large) bowl, mash 2 bananas. (I used a potato masher, and then a fork once it was soft enough) Mix in egg, milk, and vegetable oil.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be a little lumpy.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, I used about one cup for each pancake. Cook each side for a few minutes, until sturdy enough to flip. Cook each side until golden brown.
- Slice remaining banana, dropping a few piece on each pancake.
- Serve pancakes hot, with syrup.
- Additional Side Options: Butter, whip cream, blueberries, strawberries
Banana Health Benefits Source: FoodMatters.tv
*This post may contain affiliate links