Bacon and Egg Cups
“Ugh. I really hope no one sees me. I should have at least brushed my hair. Okay Steph, just put your head down and GO. No- don’t get side tracked by the muffins- you don’t even eat muffins, keep walking. Just get to the eggs, grab a carton and GO. ….is that cheese on sale? Stop, no. You don’t need ANY more cheese in your life. Just get the eggs, and GO.”
Is that anyone else’s occasional grocery store experience? (No? Me neither. This was totally hypothetical. I definitely do not have voices in my head.)
I just really don’t like going to the grocery store. Especially when I’ve just rolled out of bed, want eggs, and have to face the public to get them. But you know when you just REALLYY want something?! And you kinda just have to have it?!
That happened to me the other night with cucumbers too. Ugh. Only on that trip I backed out of the garage like a bat out of hell and smashed my brand new 2015 Nissan Rogue into my husband’s truck. That, was not worth doing for a cucumber. The rental car I’m currently driving agrees. We’re not friends, me and that rental. Let’s just hope I don’t smash that one, too.
Well I managed to get these eggs without causing massive vehicle damage, which was great. These bacon and egg cups were SO stinkin’ good. Almost my way of saying, “Hey hubs. I know I wrecked your truck, but look! I made you breaaaakkfasssstttt”
So you basically form a bacon ring around muffin tins and back until your bacon is nice and crispy. Then crack an egg into the holes (after you’ve removed excess grease), bake a little more, and you’re done! Even if the egg seeps outside of the bacon ring, like mine did, it’s fine! They’re still easy to remove from the tins and the yolk is still PERFECT, not overdone, and ready to dunk some fresh homemade bread into it.
If you like these, you’ll love my Hash Brown Cups & Eggs, Crispy Hash Breakfast Skillet, Perfect Eggs in a Hole, and Waffle Iron Omelettes … ahh… I love eggs <3 Just enough to make that painful grocery store trip 😉
- 4 thick cut bacon slices
- 4 eggs
- fresh parsley, (optional)
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Wrap the bacon around muffin tins to form a ring. Place in the oven for about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven. The bottom of the bacon will be crispier as that's the part cooking in the bacon grease.
- Flip the bacon rings over and place in new muffin cups (without grease on the bottom)
- Place back in the oven until it's near desired level of crispiness. (About another 10 minutes)
- Decrease the heat to 300 degrees. Crack the eggs on a flat surface (so as not to push the shell up inside) and drop them into the muffin tins with the bacon. A little remaining grease inside of the muffin cups is okay, this makes it easy to remove the eggs afterwards.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, until the egg white has firmed up a bit.
- Use a butter knife to loosen the egg around the edges, and 2 forks to carefully remove the egg from the tin. Serve with toast and enjoy! 🙂