Avocado Chicken Caesar Salad
Classic Chicken Caesar Salad accompanied by perfectly seasoned avocado slices and protein-packed, hard boiled eggs. An easy meal to make ahead in meal kit form for busy weeknights!
So, meal kits are my new jam, and this Avocado Chicken Caesar Salad is a perfect meal to prepare ahead of time.
I cut and clean the lettuce and tomatoes ahead of time and put each ingredient into its own storage bag. Then, all that’s left is some easy assembly when it’s dinnertime.
It starts with Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Breast. This is a no-brainer shortcut in my book. You find it in the perimeter coolers, (near the lunch meat) at Walmart. And don’t feel bad! It’s got no artificial ingredients or preservatives and it’s all natural! Plus it has no nitrites or nitrates. Definitely a high-quality meat if I’ve ever seen one. It’s perfect for every occasion and works for so many types of meals. There’s also Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Oven Roasted Turkey Breast and Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham.
Next up, the hard boiled eggs.
How long to boil eggs
- Submerge the eggs in 2 inches of cold water in a pot on the stove-top.
- Gradually bring them to a boil.
- Once the boil is reached, cover the pot and remove them from the heat, letting them sit for 12 minutes.
Let’s move on to the avocados.
Finding Ripe Avocados
- A ripe avocado should be slightly soft on the outside when touched. I like to test this by pressing on the end where the stem is.
- Avocados that are still hard on the outside aren’t ripe yet, which adversely impacts their flavor and texture.
- Ones that are TOO soft will end up being mushy and are overripe. (Beware of this when avocados are on sale.)
Keeping Sliced Avocados Fresh
- If you’re slicing avocados ahead of time, drizzling them with lime juice will help to keep them fresh during storage. Otherwise they turn brown quickly.
Calories in an Avocado
- There are approximately 322 glorious, energizing, calories in an avocado.
Seasoning the Avocado
- Seasoning the avocado before adding it to this salad is a great way to pack in some extra flavor.
- I use a combination of cumin, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder, (and perhaps a sprinkle of salt). These are my favorite guacamole seasonings and tastes great on the avocado in this salad!
Homemade Caesar Dressing
I’ve included a killer homemade Caesar Salad Dressing recipe below. The huge perk for me is that it doesn’t contain any mayonnaise! (Not a mayo fan.) This also means that it keeps in the fridge for a longer period of time. Score!
Make Ahead Tips
- This meal can be made 2-3 days ahead of time if you’re using fresh lettuce, however, I recommend slicing the avocado no more then one day ahead of time.
- Drizzle the sliced avocado with lime juice to keep the flavor fresh and the color vibrant.
- Join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes!
- Plus, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I love connecting with you guys. 😊
Try These Next!
Classic Chicken Caesar Salad accompanied by perfectly seasoned avocado slices and protein-packed hard boiled eggs. An easy meal to make ahead in meal kit form for busy weeknights!
- 11 oz. package Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Breast
- 4 cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 1.5 cups Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup Caesar Dressing
- 1 Avocado
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt optional
Place the lettuce, Parmesan cheese, tomatoes, and salad dressing in a large bowl. Use salad tongs to toss until well combined.
- Slice and peel the avocados and sprinkle lightly with each spice.
Distribute onto 4 plates and garnish with sliced chicken, hard boiled eggs, and seasoned avocado slices.
Tip: Drizzle the avocado slices with lime juice to keep them fresh if prepping this ahead of time or storing leftovers.
An optional garnish includes a sliced tortilla that’s been brushed with olive oil and grilled or baked until crisp.