I think Feta cheese makes the world go ’round. This was my first time making a dip with it though, I honestly didn’t expect the recipe to be nearly as good as it was. We usually buy this kind of dip from a local marketplace… I didn’t think anything could beat it, but *GASP*, this does!
Love finding new recipes that turn out better than you expect…
So, I’m 16 days away from my due date. CRAZY!! (Disclaimer for the pregnant police: Feta cheese is safe to eat if it’s pasteurized.) I still shouldn’t be left in a house with a container of it though. Or any kind of dip, or cheese…. I want to eat it ALL. Gimmie gimmie gimmie. (No but actually, someone come take it away….)
With summer (finally) on the way, it’s time to start thinking about appetizer ideas that don’t require an oven, and this is just the thing! It’s so good with crackers, pita chips, pretzels, french bread, and veggies. I turned to veggies to make myself feel better about my life choices as of late. No need to feel guilty about eating a tub of feta if you’ve snuck your veggies in for the day, right!? RIGHT.
- 6 oz. (1 + ⅓ cup) feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- Pinch of dried dill
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- Black pepper, to taste
- Pita, chips, or crackers, to serve
- In a food processor, combine the feta, cream cheese, greek yogurt, garlic, dill, oregano, and lemon juice.
- Once combined thoroughly, scoop into a serving bowl and top with top with tomato, parsley, and black pepper.
- Serve with crackers, pita chips, pretzels, french bread, or veggies!
Recipe Source: HostTheToast.com