Salad Stuffed Peppers
Ahem. I’m just going to go ahead and say this. My pants……… are too tight……. And it’s time…. for some salad.
It’s just time.
I mean, don’t think I posted a recipe without cheese, because, no. There’s some delicious parmesan in this salad. There’s also some diced hard-boiled eggs and croutons so this is definitely going to work.
And this is actually a really cute way to serve salad- no giant bowl where people can cherry pick out all the good stuff- NOPE. Everyone gets their own, and you can eat the bowl. Beat that!
I sliced that juicy pepper right down the middle, and all of the delicious fillings toppled beautifully onto my plate. It’s a fancy shmancy presentation, yet practical. And perrrrfect for summer. It’s completely customizable too- you can fill these with Caesar salad, pasta salad, or steer clear from salad altogether and stuff these with taco fillings – take it from me, it’s delish 😉
If you’re looking for the perfect salad dressing for this, might I suggest my Copycat Olive Garden salad dressing? It is de-light-ful.
What are your summer plans?!
…I’m going to Colorado next week!! Ever been? Live there? Words of wisdom, anyone?
- 2 large bell peppers (any color) – cleaned.
- 1 cup lettuce, cleaned and cut
- 1 hard boiled egg, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 6 black olives, sliced
- ⅛ cup diced cucumbers
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ⅛ cup croutons (some gluten-free ones if needed!)
- 2 Tablespoons salad dressing (I prefer Italian)
- Choose bell peppers that look like they will stand well. If you have to slice a little sliver of the bottom to make them stand more evenly, do it!
- Slice each pepper horizontally ¾ of the way up. Use a knife to scrape out anything inside the pepper (seeds and whatnot) and discard.
- Combine all (cleaned) salad in ingredients in a large bowl, add the dressing if desired and toss until the salad is evenly coated. Fill each pepper with the salad mixture and SERVE!
- If you’re like me, you might want to top each salad with a few extra toppings for better presentation : )
I’m sharing these at Fiesta Friday & Friday Favorites & Fabulous Foodie Friday & Foodie Friday DIY