Ohhhhhh this was a genius idea. I was in the car on the way home from work and had just asked my husband to pick up some ground beef. I told him that I was going to “make something good” with it. He got excited and I realized I had no idea what exactly I was going to make. I didn’t have a ton of items in the house to work with either. I started going through what was in the refrigerator in my head…well, I always have onions…..and it’s gotta have some sort of cheese…. BOOM! Philly cheese….. BURGER! Made the same way as a cheesesteak and tastes soooo extremely similar! He likes his with some hot sauce (and I have to agree, it’s pretty good with it) It’s as easy as whipping up some ground beef with a few veggies and cheese and slapping it on a bun so it’s a PERFECT weekday meal, definitely making this again!! YUMMMM.
- 1.5 lbs. ground beef
- 5 slices American cheese (& 4 additional slices if you'd like to top each burger with one!)
- ½ yellow onion, diced,
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (optional, my hubs like it though!)
- Place the onions, peppers, and ground beef in a pan and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally. (Add hot sauce too if you're feeling dangerous)
- Drain any excess grease as needed. Once browned, top with some melted cheese and mix it in. Spoon onto a bun and top with additional cheese if desired 😉 You're done!