Things I love: Easy, budget-friendly, one-pot recipes that my husband loves to eat.
Things I don’t love: Sneezing, Mayonnaise, loud chewers, hitting my head on stuff.
So let’s focus on the positive. This meal. I LOVE IT. It’s saved me so many stinkin’ times when I’ve had no idea what to make for dinner. I always have pasta and frozen chicken on hand… and if you ever catch me without a full supply of cheese- take me to the doctor. And thanks to this miracle meal, I always head to Walmart and stock up on cans of MANWICH sauce: which I used to think was only good for making…err.. Manwiches. Wrong! There’s actually a ton of stuff you can make with it, my favorite being this meal, which I so appropriately deemed to be my “One Pot Manly Cheesy Chicken Penne” 😉 All you need is a deep saute pan and you’re SET.
- 1 Tbsp Butter (or margarine)
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp minced onion
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 15 oz. can Manwich Bold + 1 can water (fill the Manwich can with the water)
- 2 cups chicken broth (or 1 14.5 oz. can)
- ½ pound of penne
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used 1 cup regular, 1 cup sharp)
- ¾ cup cubed Velveeta cheese (or 5 slices)
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat butter over medium heat in a deep saute pan. Add onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken breasts into pieces of desires size. Coat with light amount of salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to pot mixture and cook slowly over medium heat. Simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is mostly white and no longer pink.
- Add chicken broth, Manwich Bold Sloppy Joe Sauce, water and pasta to the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer for about 25-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted throughout, reserving a handful of shredded cheese to sprinkle on the top. Cover for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt, and stir.