No Bake Oreo Delight (& Cookbook Giveaway!)
“Mark? What’s a new recipe you want me to make?” (A common question I ask of the hubs.)
“Chocolate chip cookies”- always his response. Why do I even ask.
“No”, I grumble- ”something new, for my blog…I’ve already made chocolate chip cookies.”
-Pause. He pretends to think– “Ummmm……..Chocolate chip cookies”
Dahhhhhh. Well forget THAT! Right!? Boys. Seriously.
Well I decided to give some Oreo Delight a whack because, let’s face it. It looks easy, it has a layer in it that semi-resembles cheesecake, (my obsession), and it has Oreos in it. (My other obsession.) And Mark likes chocolate- obviously.
Here’s a serious question that I have:
What is something that you LOVE, that someone else doesn’t, and you can’t get over it.
Like…. I LOVE white creamy, cheesy casserole-type pasta or chicken dishes. The hubs? –Eh. Not so much. What’s UP with that?! He likes red sauce (which, so do I.) But he doesn’t care for white sauces-Alfredo, just won’t do. Is that not the craziest thing ever? I could go on about this for a while but I have more important things to talk about. Liiiike, a….
Cookbook Giveaway! (Now closed)- watch for more!
Cookbooks are fun- even if you’re not in the mood to cook. The ideas alone are fun. The pictures are fun. A cookbook is like Pinterest- except you can hold it, and flip through real pages. And display it on your counter, making it look like you’re a Suzy (or Mr. Suzy) homemaker and stuff. (There should be a male version of the name Suzy…because, I just needed there to be one.)
So this cookbook is perfect for when you’re in the mood for dessert but don’t feel like working your butt off. (Like how I am 72% of the time.) You can also buy it here!
To enter, just leave a comment below!
Open to residents of the continental US. I’ll use random.org to select a winner on 3/17/15 at 5pm EST. Good luck!
Recipe Source: SouthernBite.com
- 1 package Oreo cookies (regular or double stuffed)
- ¾ Stick of butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz.) containers of Cool Whip
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners/powdered sugar
- 1 (5.9 oz.) package chocolate instant pudding
- 2 ¾ cup milk
- Using a food processor, crush the whole bag of Oreos (You can do this by hand, particularly if you’re angry.)
- Set aside one cup of the crushed Oreos and mix the rest with the butter. Press the mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan to make a crust.
- Using hand mixer, combine 1 container of Cool Whip with the cream cheese and sugar. Spread across the top of the Oreo crust.
- Whisk the instant pudding and the milk for 2 minutes. Let it set for 5 minutes, then spread over the whip cream/sugar mixture.
- Top with remaining whip cream, then sprinkle the top with the remaining cup of crushed Oreos.
- Serve with a side of strawberries for extra pizzazz and enjoy;)