I have to start this by asking: have you tried those Easter M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake yet!? I got myself a bag to make this recipe…now, just take it from me: Never buy just one bag. Trust me. You need one for the recipe, but, you need at least another bag for the house car ride home. AND, they’re only at Target, and only for a limited time. For these reasons, you should probably just buy like, 65 bags. Here- take a coupon.
While on this candy shopping excursion, I grabbed some Easter DOVE Peanut Butter Eggs, Starburst Sweet & Sour Jellybeans, Skittles Bunny Topper, MORE M&M’s, and more chocolate eggs. (Hey, I’m pregnant, okay?) -Oh and here: Save 10% on Starburst Jellybeans too. Target Super stores will be hosting a sampling event on March 20th as well-WOO!
So now, everything I need for my Easter Basket is intact. It’s TOTALLY normal to make an Easter basket for yourself, right!? Right.
I have to say, no-bake Easter bark is like my favorite thing to make because it takes like, 5 seconds and pretty much no skill. It’s FUN to make with kids too- and perfect for Easter celebrations 😉 My only issue was trying not to eat all of the candy before I could sprinkle it onto the bark, oops. I was popping chocolate eggs as fast as I was slicing them…. dahhh..
It’s so easy to get creative with this recipe, between the colors you use to the candies you pick (but you really do have to try these M&M’s, like… you have to.)
- 1 (1 lb.) bag of white chocolate chips
- 1 (8oz.) bag Easter M&M's White Strawberry Shortcake
- 1 bag (8oz.) Easter DOVE Peanut Butter Eggs
- White sprinkles, (optional)
- Red Food Coloring, (optional)
- Line a baking pan with wax paper and set aside.
- Prepare your toppings by crumbling or breaking them apart if necessary.
- Use double boiler to melt the chocolate, or one pan stacked on top of another.
- Fill the bottom pan with water and bring to a gentle boil, do not let the water touch the bottom of the top pot.
- Pour the chocolate into the pan and allow it to melt gradually- stir it frequently with a whisk and be patient as it melts.
- Use a spatula and spread 75% of the melted chocolate onto your wax paper. Drop about 2 drops of food coloring on top if desired and swirl around. Sprinkle toppings on top, then drizzle with remaining melted chocolate.
- Let it cool completely prior to breaking into bark. You can place it i the refrigerator or freezer to speed up this process. (It takes about 10 minutes in the freezer)
- Break apart and serve, or store in airtight container for up to a week.