No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
No-bake recipes are where it’s at in the summer, and how can you ever go wrong with Chocolate Peanut Butter anything?
I got this recipe from Michelle @ Giraffe’s Can Bake, (Love that name!) I brought them into work and got LOTS of recipe requests. The chocolate peanut butter topping is so creamy, while the Rice Krispie/Marshmallow bottom give these a nice texture and a delicate crunch.
I should also mention that my friend Tracy, The Scratch It Cook, made awesome chocolate-peanut butter balls this week and since I know you like chocolate and peanut butter, might as well go there too- clearly her and I were on the same chocolate peanut-buttery page this week!!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies (one box has more than enough)
- 2 cups Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures, chopped (about 8oz.)
- 10.5 oz. mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 & ½ cups smooth peanut butter
- Combine the Rice Krispies and chopped Peanut Butter cups in a large bowl.
- Melt the marshmallows and butter in a large saucepan on low heat. Don’t increase the heat too high or it will burn, the melting process takes about 20 minutes so patience is key : )
- Once melted, pour the marshmallow mixture into the Rice Krispie bowl and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan and pour the mixture into it. Press down to compress and level it out.
- Next, melt the chocolate and peanut butter. This is done on the stovetop with a double boiler, or, by taking 2 pots, and stacking one on top of the other. The bottom pot will need to contain simmering water, which then heats the top pot and melts the mixture. This also takes some time to melt. Stir occasionally until well combined.
- Pour the melted chocolate and peanut butter over the Rice Krispie mix and spread it out evenly. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes. I created a swirl pattern on the chocolate with a knife prior to placing in the fridge : )
- Cut the bars into squares of desired size and serve!