I’m going to get right to the point. This recipe, is awesome. I’m already out of it and ready to make another batch. The zesty lemon flavor combined with that creamy ricotta, freshly grilled chicken, and a touch of spinach is a heavenly combination. Definitely something to keep in the ol’ dinner rotation.
I guess it’s not surprising that anything pasta related has my attention right now…being 35 weeks pregnant and all- WOOF. But soon, I’ll have a little helper in the kitchen…. mwaaahahaa…
Needless to say, I’m pretty excited for my Jr. Cozy Cook to arrive! Not only so that I can finally meet her, but also so that I can get her little tootsies out of my rib cage 😉 Whew! ….although I can’t complain, this has been a very easy pregnancy… and who doesn’t love an excuse to eat more food?! Psshhhhhhhhh.
Now, please excuse me while I lick my computer screen, this picture is too much for me.
I’d love for you to keep up with me and my future recipe endeavors! You can catch me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, & Instagram! And signup to receive my latest recipes right to your inbox…it’s free 😀
- 1 pound grilled chicken breasts, sliced into strips*
- 1 pound dry linguine, fettucine or spaghetti
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 6 oz. fresh baby spinach, steamed
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 + ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 + ½ cups part skim ricotta
- ½ cup shredded parmesan, plus more for serving
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, reserve 1 cup of pasta water prior to draining.
- Set drained pasta over medium-low heat and add olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, ricotta, Parmesan, and half of the reserved pasta water. Toss evenly to coat.
- Add additional pasta water as needed to obtain desired consistency. Add salt/pepper as needed.
- Once ricotta is heated through, add grilled chicken and spinach.
- Top with additional Parmesan if desired and serve!
Recipe Source: CookingClassy