Yes, I made birthday cake for my dog. His name is Toby, and he is too cute not to eat cake.
It was really easy to make actually, easier than people cake… and I’m not gonna lie, I tried a taste and it wasn’t half bad 😉
If you have a little four-legged friend in your life, you have to make them a cake. You HAVE to! Just seeing them like their chops over it is worth the entertainment, I mean… look at him…
This cake is chock-full of things that your little furry friend will get excited about…. carrots, peanut butter, honey… (heck, I’M excited about those things….) and it’s been making great treats for him too, we couldn’t really feed him the whole cake on his birthday, he’s too teeny tiny. But we break off pieces after he does something good and he LOVES it.
If you’re into making other types of treats for your little pooch, you’ve gotta try my Peanut Butter Bacon Treats, Apple Carrot Treats, & my Peanut Butter Oatmeal Banana treats! (Okay wow, I spoil him way too much…)
Whose the furry friend in YOUR life!?! I’d love to hear about them!
- 1 egg
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup honey (optional)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup flour, (whole wheat or white)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and honey (optional).
- Stir in the carrots, then gradually add the flour and baking soda until well combined.
- Pour into a small and greased baking pan. I used a 5.75 x 3 inch mini loaf pan and it was perfect. a 6 cup ring mold also works.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, (mine was done after 30). Turn onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
5.75 x 3 inch mini loaf pan
6 cup ring mold
Recipe Source: AllRecipes.com