Ahhhh… the perfect game day recipe…Buffalo chicken dip. It just puts me in a good mood. I like dipping fresh celery into this creamy bowl buffalo goodness… and I always aim for chunks of bleu cheese to scoop up- this dip is FULL of those.
There are billions of buffalo chicken dip recipes out there- I’m here to tell you, this one is the BEST. (It is. No… it is.)… it comes from a friend of a friend, (thank you JT!)-and she is famous for this recipe. I tried to see if it was anywhere else online and I couldn’t find it anywhere! So if I were you, I’d bookmark or PIN this bad boy… send it to your friends and family, and then try it- you’ll die. You’ll just die.
If you’re like me and have a freezer full of chicken, it’s no problem to toss it into some water for boiling while it’s still frozen solid. In fact, it’s a great way to get it cooked quickly. From there, shredding it can be kind of a pain, but the rest is easy-peasy. I even tossed my cooked/shredded chicken in the slow cooker, mixed it with everything else, and let it heat up in there instead of the oven. The choice is yours my friends!
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle hot sauce (I like Frank's)
- 2 jars Marie's Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil the chicken breasts for approximately 20 minutes, until cooked through. Drain the water and use two forks to shred it up.
- Pour the hot sauce over the chicken and mix thoroughly. Marinade as long as you're able, overnight if possible!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the bleu cheese dressing, cream cheese, and a handful of cheddar cheese.
- Place in a 13 x 9 inch (or two 8 x 8 inch) baking pans and top with remaining cheddar. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until hot and bubbly on the top.