“Coca Cola went to town, Diet Pepsi shot him down, Dr. Pepper picked him up, now we all drink Seven Up!”
So you see… Dr. Pepper is the good guy here. He picked up Coca Cola after Diet Pepsi shot him down. That’s a classy move.
OH MY GOD it’s been a long week. And I’ve obviously lost my damn mind. How are you holding up, because obviously I’m not doing too well. Thank god for weekends, warmer weather, and pulled pork.
This isn’t just any pulled pork though. It’s got soda in it! Which, by the way, if you don’t care for Dr. Pepper, that’ fine. This doesn’t end up tasting like soda (which makes me sad) but it IS the most moist and flavorful pulled pork EVER. Actually I ended up using some whiskey flavored BBQ sauce so if anything it tastes like…
…whiskey….waaaiiitttt a minute…. Is that why I’m spitting out weird rhymes about soda drama?! Am I drunk!?
Er welp, we don’t just like this in sandwiches. We like BBQ pulled pork with eggs, (specifically in omelettes)… on hot dogs… or just slapped on a plate with a side of corn bread and some slawwww ya’ll.
This is the 2nd post in a row where I’ve inserted the word, ‘ya’ll’ and I really have to stop doing that because as much as I’d love to live in the South, I do not. I live in NH with cows.
- 3-4 pound Pork Loin
- ¼ cup Pork Dry Rub
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle Dr. Pepper
- 1 (18 oz.) bottle BBQ Sauce (This amount is to taste and doesn’t have to be exact)
- 6 bulky rolls
- Coat the Pork loin with dry rub. Place it in the crock pot and pour in the Dr. Pepper.
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours (I let mine cook overnight)
- Drain most of the liquid and separate the pork with two forks. Stir in BBQ sauce and keep warm until ready to serve.
Recipe Source: EatThisUp.com