This Copycat Cheesecake Factory Da Vinci Pasta is definitely on my regular rotation list now, forever more. (Forever more.) It’s even on my list of top 11 FAVORITE recipes that I’ve made to date! (And that list was not easy to nail down.) To put this dish into words, its….
Savory pasta doused in a rich and creamy marsala wine sauce with mushrooms and caramelized onions.
When I saw the ingredient list for this recipe, I knew it had to be good. My husband is more of a red sauce kinda guy, and he LOVED this- it’s a winner for sure. I wouldn’t change a thing about it- definitely one of those recipes you’ll want to save. My friends and I like to have the occasional “family dinner” during the week and it’s my turn to host soon, this would be a SURE hit.
I coated the chicken lightly in flour but that’s optional– it just gave it a little more texture and thickened the sauce slightly (not that the sauce needs thickening)- which is another thing I loved about it, the consistency of this sauce is PERFECT, absolutely no thickening necessary. This would go well with other types of pasta too, linguini or fettuccini perhaps- YUM.
Unfortunately this little discussion is REALLY making me want some right now and I put the leftovers RIGHT in the freezer to keep myself away, it’s one of those that’s too good to leave out- I can’t be trusted. A little bite here…. a tiny nibble there… and BOOM- it’d be gone and I’d be whining in the fetal position on the floor.
The caramelized onions add a subtle hint of sweetness to this creamy Da Vinci sauce
… and really (really) makes this dish ultra flavorful, especially when combined with that marsala wine sauce. I’m a big fan of adding caramelized onions to hot dips, cold dips, soups and even meatballs. If you want a little help making sure you do it right, see my easy tutorial here!)
Oh, and from what I’ve heard…
This recipe is VERY close to The Cheesecake Factory’s Da Vinci Pasta.
I’ve never had it there. (Have you?) I will have to put that on my to-do list! But either way, I can say that this is SUPURB.
- 1 large Red Onion; chopped
- 2-4 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 pound Morel or Shitake Mushrooms; sliced (more or less, your preference)
- 2 cloves garlic; crushed
- 2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless; chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup Marsala wine; (or Madeira)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- Ground pepper
- 1 pound penne pasta; cooked and drained according to directions
- Place the diced onions and olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat and cook slowly until caramelized . They will get much softer and develop a rich brown color, this can take at least 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, and garlic to the pan and sautee until the mushrooms soften and the chicken is cooked through. Remove these from the pan and set aside.
- Add the wine to the pan and bring to a boil until it begins it reduces by about ⅔ and you can no longer smell the alcohol.
- While the wine boils, cook the penne according to package instructions, drain, and set aside when finished.
- Reduce the heat in the pan and add the sour cream and the heavy cream, stirring until melted. Add the butter and chicken mixture and stir.
- Toss the sauce with the penne and serve! (Tastes great when topped with parmesan cheese)
Recipe Adapted from: BigOven.com 🙂