Daaahhh, I love tacos, and I love crock pot shhhtuff. I’m on a roll with making crock pot meals every Sunday now. There’s already a little chill in the air here in New Hampshire so it’s really put me in the crock pot mood. 😎 Annndd… it makes dinner really easy- ready to go whenever the hubs wants it. Usually I’m already full by then, because I have a ridiculous crock pot habit. I eat bite after bite of whatever is in there without even realizing it. I’m the worst.
“This just needs a little stir…” I say to myself… (Every. Five. Seconds.)- I’m lucky there’s anything left in there for my husband when it’s all said and done. Ugh.
Ummmm on an unrelated note, I JUST watched Frozen for the first time yesterday. It was the cutest! (“Hi I’m Olaf and I like warm hugs! 😀 “) All that ice made me feel cold though, they could have used some crock pot meals during that fiasco…
Stick with me, I’ll try to keep these crock pot meals comin’. The only problem is that although crock pot meals taste SUBURB, they’re not always very photogenic. But I’ll do my best, I’ll do my best.
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts (not frozen)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- ¾ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup salsa or diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro
- ½ Tablespoons garlic, minced
- ¾ cup shredded Mexican Cheese (optional)
- Sprinkle the chicken with cumin and garlic salt and place in the crock pot along with the lime juice and cream cheese. Cook in the crock pot on high for about 2 hours or low for about 4, until the chicken is white and soft enough to shred apart with two forks.
- Add all remaining ingredients and cook on low for an additional 3-5 hours.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce, rice, or with soft or hard taco shells!