I love dying eggs, but at some point, my egg always falls off of the dipper and cracks. And it’s always the one of the bunch that is actually turning out good for once. (Grrrrrrrr.) So, for that reason, I LOVED this process. As soon as you’re ready to start the dying process, you get to crack them, ON PURPOSE! WAHOOOOOOOOO- that part was fun. This doesn’t really take much talent or concentration either- another reason I’m a fan
- 4 white eggs
- 2 teabags, colored (example: Raspberry for red!)
- Hard boil some eggs and let them cool. Tap them with a knife to create cracks, don’t peel the egg.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover them in water.
- Add 2 tea bags (I used raspberry herbal tea for pink!).
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes, covered.
- Turn off the heat and once the pot is cooled, place it in the fridge for 3 hours (or overnight.)
- Peel to reveal the pattern!
*You can color these using gel food color in water as well, OR, juices, (like blueberry concentrate for blue!)
What’s your favorite thing to make for Easter?! Share your thoughts below!!