There’s no doubt that the smell of freshly baked banana bread will put me in a good mood, every time. Throw some chocolate chips in the mix and now you’ve a delicious breakfast/brunch/snack/dessert item that anyone will appreciate : ) Baking is one of my favorite ways to unwind- there’s no need to rush, it always smells great, and you can look forward to a tasty result at the end. My husband loved these… (duh). If you have extra bananas lying around, you gotta make banana bread. It’s a rule. You also have to make pure banana soft serve. That’s another rule. I love bringing these into the office but they never last long!
Did you know that I was on the Rachel Ray show?
YUP. They were doing a segment on new homeowners and we went on and got decorating advice from Nate Bekus 😉 I mention this because this chocolate chip banana bread recipe is from Rachel herself!
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 bananas, mashed (1 cup mashed banana)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F .
- Grease and flour a 8½-inch x 4½-inch loaf pan (or use baking spray, such as Baker's Joy brand).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in the oil, bananas and eggs. Stir in the chocolate chips (do not overmix!) and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 60-80 minutes.
- Cool the loaf in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out and cool completely, right side up.
Recipe Source: Rachel Ray 🙂