Chicken Piccatta is my husband’s all-time favorite. I have to admit that I haven’t always been a huge lemon fan. The hubs, on the other hand, loves lemon. He loves it on Seafood, (which I also wasn’t a huge fan of until I met him), he likes squeezed lemon on chicken fingers, he he LOVES, chicken piccata. The lemon cream sauce in this recipe is TO DIE for. And it’s not overwhelmingly lemon-y. It’s just enough for a hint of zest, but it won’t make your cheeks hurt or anything. The creaminess balances everything out perfectly. He asks for this dish all the time now- it is SO good.
Sure, the sauce is creamy, but the protein-packed chicken will leave you feeling nice and satisfied after this meal. And while we’re at it,
Let’s take a look at just some health benefits from lemons:
- They help you keep a clean complexion (score!)
- They give your immune system a boost
- Increase your ability to absorb iron
- Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer compounds!
- They even have a calming effect that helps battle with fatigue and /or anxiety
What sides would you serve with Chicken Piccata?
Rice would be a delicious option- and would give you lots of fuel, leaving you feeling nice and energized after this meal.
Pasta is another delicious option, perhaps some angel hair? Be sure to save some sauce to spoon on top!
Oven-roasted potatoes anyone? Sprinkled with some olive oil and some rosemary perhaps? -Yes. I say YES.
- 3 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded flat
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or as needed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) and place an oven-safe plate inside the oven to warm.
- Place the chicken in between 2 pieces of wax paper and pound to about ¾ inch thick.
- Season each side with desired amount of salt and pepper, and then coat with flour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the chicken on each side until golden brown.
- Place the chicken onto the warmed platter in the oven.
- Remove excess oil, leaving just a little on the pan. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, then add the chicken broth.
- Stir in the lemon slices and bring the mixture to a boil. Let cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce reduces to about ⅔ cup, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and capers; simmer until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes more.
- Swirl in the butter until melted and combined. Add the parsley; remove from heat and spoon over chicken and serve.
Recipe Source: RecipeRegister.com