Spaghetti Noodles, chicken, and your favorite vegetables tossed in a savory homemade peanut sauce. An easy, healthy family meal!
I’m a sucker for peanut sauce. And when that peanut sauce craving strikes, there’s nothing that can stop me from pulling out every veggie from my fridge, grabbing some chicken, a handful of spaghetti noodles, and going to town. Luckily, that’s all you need for this meal… I’ve even made it with Ramen Noodles before. It’s extremely versatile, and I’m obsessed with it. The hubs on the other hand? Not so crazy for anything peanut-sauce-related which is actually what I love even MORE about this meal- I get it allllllll to myself. The leftovers make a sensational lunch and heck, I even eat this stuff cold right out of the fridge. (Should I have just admitted that…?)
This isn’t the only food-related area where the hubs and I differ. In fact, we have completely different takes on in a lot of areas. For example… I love meat sauce (who doesn’t ?!) Welp…..the hubs doesn’t. He needs his meat and sauce to be separated, (meatballs work well for him). And trust me, I love a good meatball but who doesn’t love MEAT SAUCE?! (Darnit, now I want some meat sauce.)
Another example… my favorite pizza place? His LEAST favorite! What the heck!? And don’t even get me started on pizza toppings. I’m an onions/peppers/meat kinda girl… (the works is my jam)… while he either wants just plain cheese, or buffalo chicken. Seriously, how are we even married?!
Now YOU go. Where do you and your family and friends differ in terms of food?!
I realize that this is heavy stuff people, let it all out. This is a safe space.
Looking for some Asian noodle options?! Here are 10 tasty options 🙂
- ¼ of a (16 oz.) box of spaghetti
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 Tablespoons peanut oil, separated
- ⅓ cup yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup baby carrots, julienned
- ¾ cup sliced bell pepper, (any color)
- ¼ cup green onion, diced
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha hot chili sauce (omit if you don't like heat)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
- Prepare the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of Peanut oil, mix, and set aside.
- Dice the chicken into bite sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 Tablespoons of peanut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and saute for 10-15 minutes, until browned on the outside and nearly cooked through.
- Add the vegetables and continue to saute until they've softened. Reduce the heat to medium low. Gently mix in the pasta noodles and add the peanut sauce ingredients. Use a rubber spatula to stir the ingredients around until the peanut sauce is well-combined and heated through.
- Top with the green onions and chopped peanuts and serve!
Peanut Sauce Recipe Source: AllRecipes