What’s the number one food that you just can’t even think about eating? (I know, weird way to start a blog post)… But we all have that one food that absolutely makes us cringe, and mine, is mayo. I just can’t do it. It’s one of those foods (condiments, rather) that you either love or hate I think, no? So the whole BLT thing has never been too appealing to me because I’m pretty sure it’s a rule that you have to put mayo in there, and if you don’t, what’s a good substitution? Caesar Salad! Hit me like a ton of bricks the other day. Let me tell you, I don’t think you’ll ever eat a regular BLT again, because this Chicken Caesar BLT combination is BANGIN’. (As is my Avocado Chicken Caesar Salad recipe, gotta say.)
So for the chicken. I actually really liked Tyson grilled & ready chicken strips. (I wish they were paying me for saying that and in fact, I tried to get them to, ha) but regardless, they’re good. And easy/convenient. If that doesn’t float your boat though, you can also marinade some boneless/skinless chicken breast strips in Caesar dressing and then pan-sear it or cook it on the grill.
As for the dressing, Marie’s Caesar dressing is so stinkin’ good (tried to get a little somethin’ somethin’ from them too. But nope.) … but it’s still good. It’s in the refrigerator section at the grocery store and totally my favorite.
And a word to the wise about bacon… you really get what you pay for. It’s not worth skimping out on bacon, you’ll end up with flimsy, fatty, sad-looking bacon. And no one wants that. I love thick, center cut bacon. And let’s face it, it’s a BLT, bacon is like, the most important part.
Alright that’s my ingredient advice for ya. Now you go make this sandwich! My husband could eat a sandwich for lunch and dinner every day of his life and be happy so this was a huge success in our house, and I’m confident that it’ll be one in yours too 😉 Let me know how it goes!
- 3 strips bacon, cooked (I love Oscar Mayer center cut bacon, thick sliced)
- ¾ cup Romain lettuce, cleaned & chopped
- 3 Tablespoons shredded Parmesan, divided
- 1 Tablespoon Caesar Dressing (I prefer Marie's Caesar dressing, in the refrigerated section)
- 1 small roma tomato, sliced, dabbed dry
- 2 strips chicken, cooked (I used Tyson grilled & ready chicken strips, easy & delish!)
- 1 large sub roll
- salt/pepper to taste
- Lay the bacon on the bottom of your sub roll.
- In a small bowl, combine the lettuce, 2 of the Tablespoons of Parmesan, and Caesar dressing until well mixed. Lay the lettuce on top of the bacon.
- Top the salad layer with the tomatoes, sprinkle with salt/pepper if desired.
- Top the tomato layer with the cooked chicken. If time allows, marinade the chicken in Caesar dressing prior to cooking. You can pan-sear the chicken or grill it. I used Tyson pre-cookeed chicken strips, and only had to heat them in a little bit of oil on the stove.
- Sprinkle the remaining Tablespoon of Parmesan over the chicken and place the top bun on your sandwich. You're ready to eat!
For my latest Cozy Creations, Giveaways, and more, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, & Instagram! And signup to receive my latest recipes right to your inbox…it’s free 😀