Cheesy Honey Mustard Chicken
I’m always on the lookout for new (and easy) chicken recipes, and this one is now high on our list- the chicken is so moist and flavorful. It was cooler out so I baked it in the oven, but you could also marinade it put it on the grill, brushing extra sauce on it as it cooks. -DELIGHTFUL!- 🙂 My husband is a big honey mustard fan (and who doesn’t love cheese)- so he’s a big advocate of this.
I served this chicken with roasted potatoes an green beans (string beans? green beans? which one is it by the way?)- the options are pretty much endless though. You could try this with Potatoes Ah Gratin, browned butter mashed potatoes, a nice salad, maybe some rice… anythaaaang.
It’s a pretty common thing to dip chicken tenders in honey mustard so I’m suprised I didn’t try this cheesy honey mustard chicken sooner! Sheeeeeez.
By the way, this chicken is topped with bacon.
You can’t see it that well in the picture, (bad Steph! bad!)- but it’s there. And when you top already savory, honey mustard chicken with not only cheese, but with bacon, I just don’t know that I need to say that much more. 😯
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1.5 Tablespoons lemon pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 Tablespoon bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ Tablespoon corn starch, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Season chicken breasts with lemon pepper and coat lightly with flour. Place in 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine honey, mustard, lemon juice and paprika. Pour over chicken. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven, if you'd like to thicken the sauce, whisk in some cornstarch.
- Top each chicken breast with 1 Tablespoon of bacon and ¼ cup mozzarella cheese. Continue to bake until cheese is starting to brown (about 10 minutes).
Recipe adapted from PlainChicken.com