Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
So by now, I’ve made a decent number of cheesecake concoctions . THIS one, is my #1 fav. My favorite part about them is freezing them and having one whenever I want! You don’t feel like a cow when you eat them either because it’s just a bite of cheesecake, surrounded by a delicious strawberry! I’ve always kept frozen strawberries, (bananas and grapes too) in the freezer for munching but this makes it EXTRA tasty! Now of COURSEEE this is great for guests too, and my husband absolutely LOVED them. I hollowed out the strawberries prior to filling them up but you can also just cut off the stem and plop the cheesecake right on top! The key is cutting the bottom a little so that they can stand upright! Anyway, I thought these might be tricky or take some patience to make but they did NOT, I did it on a Wednesday night and that was AFTER work and making dinner! Easy peasy peeps! Oh, and sprinkling a little bit of graham cracker crumbs on top is the perfect finishing touch : )
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, rinsed and pat dry
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream (optional but I like it!)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and blend together using a hand mixer. Ingredients at room temperature blend better. (I did mine by hand but had to stir quite a bit- It’s amazing what I’ll do to get out of washing extra dishes)
- Using a pairing knife, cut a circle around the top of the strawberry and scoop out the middle.
- Place the cheesecake filling in a icing bag and squeeze to fill up the strawberry. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top and SERVE!
- Tip: You should be fine to hollow out your strawberries ahead of time, (I did it a few days prior) but I wouldn’t suggest filling them more than about 5 hours ahead of time-unless you’re planning on freezing them! (As they could get a little, soggy, if you will.