A moist & succulent browned butter chocolate chip cookie baked right in a skillet. IMMMM…
Yesssss…. This week definitely needs to come to a closseeee. And if I want to welcome the weekend with a massive chocolate chip cookie to my face, then damnit that’s what I’m gonna do. Pants, I’m sorry- but you weren’t really fitting me that great anyway.
Having a giant cookie in a skillet pretty much means that I can grab a spoon and go to town, right?! I kinda felt like that kid on Matilda who has to eat that giant cake- you know that part?!
Love that movie. I wish I could move things with my eyes. Imagine how much easier life would be… dang.
You can also use this recipe without whole thing skillet-thaaangg. Just roll the dough into balls instead, and cook them for 12-15 minutes. The brown butter makes them taste SOO extra deliciously good.
Weekend plans?! Let’s hear ‘em! I’m going to prepare a delicious recipe feature alongside an upcoming Mother’s Day Gift Basket Giveaway… so stick with me for more on that… your mom will love you forever if you win that bad boy.
- 1 & ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a small skillet, heat 10 tablespoons of butter on medium high heat, whisking constantly until the butter is browned.
- This takes about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter until melted. Mix in the sugars, vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until well combined. Add it to the flour mixture and stir until combined, but do not over-stir.
- Fold in the chocolate chip cookies, and pour into an 8 inch skillet. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until the top is a light golden brown. Slice and serve with ice cream if desired 😉
Recipe adapted from: DamnDelicious.net
I’m sharing this at: Fiesta Fridayyyyy!