Lately I’ve been making a lot of delicious homemade bread in my bread maker. I LOVE eating it with butter, or having eggs in a hole (or as my husband calls it, one-eyed Egyptians), French toast… the list goes on. But I’m thinking that my ALL time favorite thing to make with it is grilled cheese. (PS- have you ever made grilled cheese bites and dunked them in tomato soup? Fondue Style? It’s AMAZING)… Anyway, I happened to have some leftover crock pot pulled pork and realized that I HAD to have a grilled cheese with it! I decided to brown the butter on the pan as well; it adds a sweeter element that blends so well with the BBQ pulled pork. MMMM- is YOUR mouth watering? I just ate it and I already want more. I’m partial to using Velveeta cheese slices in this but Cheddar, Monterey Jack, & American would be delicious as well. What a delicious way to use up leftovers : )
- 2 ½ tablespoons butter
- 2 Thick Pieces of Bread (homemade, preferably)
- 2 to 4 slices cheese, (depending how how large the bread is)
- 4 tablespoons pulled pork
- Place the butter on a large pan on medium-low heat and let it melt. Continue to cook for approximately 10 minutes. It should cook slowly and bubble just a little.
- Once it’s reached a brown color, place the bread slices next to one another on the pan.
- Top each slice with cheese, then with warm pulled pork.
- Cook until the bread begins to reach a golden brown color. Flip one slice of bread on top of the other to form a sandwich and let the middle melt together.
- Remove from heat, slice in half if desired and ENJOY… now that’s good eating!