When someone says “Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta”- is it just me, or is it impossible not to drool? Let me put it to you another way.
Savory chicken & pasta doused in a creamy bacon sauce with a hint of ranch.
If you aren’t sold halfway through that sentence, then sometime is wrong with you. (I kid, I kid!)
Everything that I love is combined into one dish here. The Ranch really adds delicious flavor… my Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chop recipe is just as tasty- you just can’t go wrong with Ranch, can you?! But it’s not overwhelmingly ranchy. Just the right amount to leave you saying “whoa, where is all of this flavor coming from?”
I like to top it with that crispy bacon right at the end- it keeps that bright bacon color intact and makes for an nice crunchy topping 🙂 GOD it’s good. It’s so so good. The cream sauce is nice and thick, you just can’t go wrong. Sometimes I use a little less penne because I like my pasta extra saucy. (Do you!?)
Other kinds of pasta would be great in this dish too. Penne is my husband’s favorite.
What’s your favorite kind of pasta?
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 3 Tablespoon flour
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoon dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 2 cups milk (some can be heavy cream if preferred)
- 1 & ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan on medium heat. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken with flour and add to saucepan along with the garlic.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink. Slowly mix in milk.
- Add the ranch dressing and cheese and mix until well combined.
- Stir in penne, and finally, sprinkle that crispy bacon right on top. Perfection!