4th of July Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles
I most certainly have a cheesecake obsession. From cheesecake dip, cupcakes, stuffed strawberries, I’ve definitely done my fair share of dabbling. And man I’m happy to add these to the list, and just in time too. It’s HOT here in New Hampshire!! As in, almost 100 degrees outside hot. And don’t get me started on the humidity…
BUT, these popsicles are keeping me from getting hangry. (That’s not just hungry/angry, that’s HOT/angry….)
This is horrible but I’m pretty excited that my one year old can’t open the freezer and help herself yet. Uh… because I want these all to myself. Is that wrong? Like, I totally grabbed one, all casual -like, and slid her over some broccoli as if that was fair. I’m pretty sure it won’t be long before she’s onto my little game….
I love that these are easy to customize for any occasion, not just the 4th of July. You can omit the food coloring altogether and even mix the cheeries into the cheesecake filling and go for the swirl effect, that’s what I think I’m going to do next. I just have 4 more popsicles to eat before I can make a fresh batch…it’s a hard life.
- 1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blue food coloring
- ½ (21 oz.) can of cherry pie filling (Equivalent to roughly 1 + ½ cups)
- Set the blue food coloring and cherry filling aside. Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Take half of the cheesecake mixture and place it in a separate bowl along with 2-3 drops of blue food coloring. Stir until uniform in color.
- Spoon 4-6 cherries into the bottom of each Popsicle mold.
- Evenly disperse all of the white cheesecake filling into each Popsicle mold. Using a pastry bag makes this a bit easier. You can use a napkin to clean up any unwanted filling from the sides but a swirl look is also pretty!
- Repeat the same step with the blue cheesecake filling.
- Fill any remaining space with additional cherry filling.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours, or until you're ready to enjoy them!